Cochrane Public Health Group Author Forum
22nd April 2014 14:00 to 16:30
Conducting systematic reviews can be a lonesome and difficult business, and the CPHG are convening an author forum as an opportunity for CPHG authors to meet together and share experiences. The aims of the forum are: to facilitate informal learning through sharing of ideas and experiences; to act as point of contact with CPHG; and to develop local informal support networks. The specific content and topics covered in the forum will be informed by attendees. An overview of developments in the CPHG will be presented but the focus of this afternoon forum will be for authors to meet each other and for informal learning. We very much hope this event will be useful to CPHG authors and anyone involved in preparing systematic reviews of topics relevant to public health, and tackling difficult issues of incorporating non-randomised studies, narrative synthesis, etc.
The forum will be held in Manchester (venue to be confirmed) in the afternoon before the UK Cochrane Annual Symposium starts. Places are limited and registration is essential (see link below). There is no charge for this event but participants will have to pay any travel or accommodation costs incurred.
The link below takes you to the registration web page.
The 2nd European Summer School in Evidence-Based Public Health
14-18 July 2014
Jointly organised by the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich and the University of Liverpool, this event will take place at Kardinal Wendel Haus, Munich. The draft programme (all speakers confirmed) and further information is available from www.evidencebasedpublichealth.de
Cochrane review training dates for Australian authors
The schedule for training for Cochrane authors in Australia in 2014 is available at: http://acc.cochrane.org/timetable-registration
Evidence-informed public health decision-making - Short courses
Upcoming courses in 2014:
- August 2014, date TBA: Evidence-informed public health, 2-day short-course. Venue: TBA, Melbourne, Victoria. Registration will open in March. To reserve your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 17-18 June: Evidence-informed public health and health promotion, 2-day short-course. Venue: Graduate house, Leicester Street, Carlton, Victoria.
- 30 May: Evidence-informed decision-making, 1-day workshop for NSW Ministry of Health, North Sydney, New South Wales
- 21 March: Evidence-informed public health, 1/2 day workshop for the Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine, The Royal Australasian College of Physicians, Sydney, New South Wales
- 29-30 August: Evidence-informed public health & health promotion 2-day short-course for Gippsland Department of Health, Traralgon, Victoria
- 21 June: Evidence-informed decision-making 1 day workshop for Yarra Ranges shire council, Victoria
- 27 March: Evidence-informed public health ½ day workshop for the National Heart Foundation, Victoria
- 21-22 March: Evidence-informed public health 2-day short-course. Graduate House, Carlton, Victoria