Cochrane Public Health is involved in the production of a wide range of publications related to Cochrane and review methodology and evidence generation. A sample of journal articles and book chapters are listed below.
- Campbell Mhairi, McKenzie Joanne E, Sowden Amanda, Katikireddi Srinivasa Vittal, Brennan Sue E, Ellis Simon et al. Synthesis without meta-analysis (SWiM) in systematic reviews: reporting guideline BMJ 2020; 368:I6890. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31948937/
- Hilary Thomson, Peter Craig, Michele Hilton-Boon, Mhairi Campbell and Srinivasa Vittal Katikireddi. Applying the ROBINS-I tool to natural experiments: an example from public health. Systematic Reviews 2018, 7:15. https://systematicreviewsjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13643-017-0659-4
- Kirsty Jones; Gareth J. Hollands; Ian Shemilt; Jodie Doyle; Rebecca Armstrong. Planning and implementing a targeted and strategic dissemination plan for a Cochrane review: a case study. Journal of Public Health 2016;38:3, 630–632
- Welch V, Jull J, Petkovic J, Armstrong R, Gough D, Grimshaw J, Kristjansson E, McGowan J, Moher D, Pantoja T, Petticrew M, Pottie K, Rader T, Shea, B, Taljaard M, Waters E, Weijer C, Wells GA, White H, Tugwell P. Protocol for the development of a CONSORT-Equity guideline to improve reporting of health equity in randomized trials. Implementation Science. 2015; 10:146
- Jones K, Armstrong R, Pettman T and Waters E. Knowledge Translation for researchers: developing training to support public health researchers KTE efforts. Journal of Public Health. 2015; 37 (2): 364-366.
- Francis D, Turley R, Thomson H, Weightman A, Waters E, Moore L. Supporting the needs of public health decision-makers and review authors in the UK. Journal of Public Health 2015;37:172-174.
- Armstrong R, Pettman TL, Waters E. Shifting sands - from descriptions to solutions. Public Health. 2014; 128(6): 525-532.
- Baker PR, Costello JT, Dobbins M, Waters EB. The benefits and challenges of conducting an overview of systematic reviews in public health: a focus on physical activity. Journal of Public Health 2014; 36:3, 517-21
- O’Neill J, Tabish H, Welch V, Petticrew M, Pottie K, Clarke M, Evans T, Pardo Pardo J, Waters E, White H, Tugwell P. Applying an Equity Lens to interventions: Using PROGRESS to ensure consideration of socially stratifying factors to illuminate inequities in health. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2014; 67: 56-64.
- Whelan J, Love P, Pettman T, Doyle J, Booth S, Smith E, Waters E (2014). “Predicting sustainability of intervention effects in public health evidence: identifying key elements to provide guidance”. Journal of Public Health 2014; 36(2): 347-351.
- Yoong SL, Wolfenden L, Clinton-McHarg T, Waters E, Pettman TL, Steele E, Wiggers J. Exploring the pragmatic and explanatory study design on outcomes of systematic reviews of public health interventions: a case study on obesity prevention trials. Journal of Public Health. 2014; 36(1): 170-176
- Jones K, Baker P, Doyle J, Armstrong R, Pettman T & Waters E. Increasing the utility of systematic reviews findings through strategic communication. Journal of Public Health. 2013. 35(2): 345-349.
- Nasser M, Welch V, Tugwell P, Ueffing E, Doyle J, Waters E. Ensuring relevance for Cochrane reviews: evaluating processes and methods for prioritizing topics for Cochrane reviews. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2013; 66; 474-482.
- Pettman TL, Armstrong R, Jones K, Waters E, Doyle J. Cochrane update: building capacity in evidence-informed decision-making to improve public health. Journal of Public Health. 2013; 35(4): 624-627.
- Turley R, Saith R, Bhan N, Doyle J, Jones K, Waters E. Slum upgrading review: methodlogical challenges that arise in systematic reviews of complex intervention. Journal of Public Health. 2013; 35(1), 171-175.
- Burford BJ, Coren E, Davison C, Thomas S, Doyle J, Armstrong R, Waters E. Evidence to support the needs of children and young people: upcoming reviews from the Cochrane Public Health Group. Journal of Public Health 2012;34(3):467-470
- Burford BJ, Rehfuess E, Schünemann HJ, Akl EA, Waters E, Armstrong R, Thomson H, Doyle J, Pettman T. Assessing evidence in public health: the added value of GRADE. Journal of Public Health. 2012. 34(4) 631-635.
- Armstrong R., Pettman T, Burford B, Doyle J, Waters E. Tracking and understanding the utility of Cochrane reviews for public health decision-making.Journal of Public Health, 2012.34(2): p. 309-313.
- Pettman TL, Armstrong R, Doyle J, Burford B, Anderson LM, Hillgrove T, Honey N, Waters E. Strengthening evaluation to capture the breadth of public health practice: ideal vs. real. Journal of Public Health, 2012.34(1): p. 151-155.
- Pettman TL, Hall BJ, Waters E, de Silva-Sanigorski A, Armstrong R, Doyle J. Communicating with decision-makers through evidence reviews. Journal of Public Health, 2011 Dec; 33(4): p. 630-633.
- Anderson LM, Petticrew M, Rehfuess E, Armstrong R, Ueffing E, Baker P, Francis D, Tugwell P. Using logic models to capture complexity in systematic reviews. Research Synthesis Methods, 2011, 2(1): 33-42.
- Waters E, Hall B, Armstrong R, Doyle J, Pettman T, de Silva-Sanigorski. Cochrane update: Essential components of public health evidence reviews: capturing intervention complexity, implementation, economics and equity. Journal of Public Health, 2011, 33(3): 462-465.
- Francis DP, Baker PRA, Doyle J, Hall BJ, Waters E. Cochrane Update: Reviewing interventions delivered to whole communities: learnings and recommendations for application to policy, practice and evidence development. Journal of Public Health, 2011, 33(2): 322-325.
- Armstrong R, Hall B, Doyle J, Waters E. Cochrane Update: 'Scoping the scope' of a Cochrane review. Journal of Public Health, 2011, 33(1): 147-150.
Peer-Reviewed Book Chapters
Pettman T, Armstrong R, Burford B, Doyle J, Anderson L, Waters E. Using evidence to inform NCD prevention and health promotion In: McQueen D, editor. Global Handbook on Noncommunicable Diseases and Health Promotion. New York: Springer; 2013. p. 325-36.
Waters E., Armstrong R, Doyle J, Pettman TL, Hall B, Priest N, de Silva-Sanigorski A. 2011. Chapter 7: Evidence in Public Health. Understanding health promotion. H. Keleher and C. MacDougall (Eds). South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Oxford University Press. Oxford, Melbourne.
Armstrong R, Prosser L, Dobbins M, Waters E. Knowledge Translation and exchange for obesity prevention. In Waters E, Swinburn B, Seidell J and Uauy R (eds.) Preventing Childhood Obesity: Evidence Policy and Practice. BMJ Books, Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, United Kingdom
Priest N, Swinburn B, Waters E. A human rights approach to childhood obesity prevention. In Waters E, Swinburn B, Seidell J and Uauy R (eds.) Preventing Childhood Obesity: Evidence Policy and Practice. BMJ Books, Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, United Kingdom
Waters E, Armstrong R and Doyle J. Evidence to inform multisectoral approaches to health promotion. In Keleher H, McDougall C and Murphy B (Eds) Keleher H, Murphy B & McDougall C (eds.) Intersectoral Health Promotion. Oxford University Press, Oxford, Melbourne.